Seller: bluescuba_diver (1,060) 100%, Location: West Columbia, South Carolina, Ships to: US & many other countries, Item: 182717626894 Details: Rare Large Vintage Metal Tin - Coleman's Mustard 6 LBS - England - Bull's Head 10.25 X 6.5 X 4.5 inches Paper is missing from label, (See Photos). Appears to have been varnished to protect the paper. Could not find another this size. Jeremiah Colman began making mustard at a water mill near Norwich in the village of Bawburgh. To create a tangy flavour, he blended brown mustard (Brassica juncea) with white mustard (Sinapis alba). Stoke Holy Cross Mill was the home of Colman's mustard from 1814 to 1862 Jeremiah founded Colman's of Norwich in 1814, at the Stoke Holy Cross mill on the River Tas, four miles south of Norwich. In 1823 he took his adopted nephew, James, into the business which became J. & J. Colman. In 1851 J.J. Colman took over the business. By 1865 production had transferred to a large factory at Carrow Road on land at Thorpe Hamlet, bought from the Norfolk Railway to the south of Norwich, where the firm still operates today. From 1855 the firm introduced its distinctive yellow packaging and bull's head logo, and in 1866 was granted the Royal Warrant as manufacturers of mustard to Queen Victoria. Her Majesty's household still uses Colman's today.