Absolutely stunning ORIGINAL set-up of an early model VICTOR 6 phonograph with external "Witches Hat" black and Brass horn with original decal still intact and in great shape sitting on top of an INCREDIBLE, and RARE RARE RARE matching mahogany MUSIC CABINET. This is not the later model Victor VI. Check out the pictures for the back-up to these details and DONT MISS THIS ONE.
Here is the Top 10 List for this incredible combination:
- All original finish that does show its wear after about 100 years of providing entertainment to many. It still has it's correct and beautiful mahogany finish that has not be destroyed by "over restoration" although it is worn in spots through the varnish, and has two corner joints very slightly opened up. Shows beautifully overall as you can see in the pictures though.
- The GOLD PLATING is extraordinary......with the exception of the horn elbow which is worn down to the brass so it sort of matches. Just go ahead and price having all of this gold plating redone as you'd have to do with other machines with today's gold prices!!!! Again, see the pictures of the gorgeous tone arm, soundbox, brake, speed control, and corinthian column caps.
- Crank, and small horn hold down are reproductions but correct. Originals are readily available and come up on ebay from time to time, and parts suppliers have them as well. These are NO reasons to pass up on this great machine.
- Gold Plated Exhibition Sound Box has been professionally restored and sounds GREAT!!
- Motor runs well, and long!!!
- Original moth eaten felt is still on the turntable, underneath the new replacement proper green felt
- The Stencil on the tone arm bracket is simply stunning as well with little wear!!!!!
- Now for the cabinet....oh the Music Cabinet.....what a rare find this is for sure. This is a spectacular all Mahogany Music Cabinet with ROPE style front Columns and top edges, along with claw and ball feet! It has the key and the lock works as well!!!! To be clear, this is a MUSIC Cabinet that was used for many different purposes......holding an external horn phonograph on top with records inside (as you see here), or for player piano music roles, or for a music box with it's discs inside, or even for sheet music. The key here is that it is of such an ornate style, that along with it's color, makes an incredible match for this Victor 6. When have you ever seen another combination like this? The cabinet is also all original with an extraordinarily great finish with only slight alligatoring. There are two scratches on the top, not through the stain, that are completely covered by the phonograph, which could easily be removed. (Records in photo are not part of this auction). This cabinet alone could bring over $1,000 at auction.
- The horn is an incredible accent piece for this Victor 6 with all of it's brass. It so well provides the crowning touch to this ornate Victor phonograph. It is original, and does have it's share of small dings, dents, and scratches which could be removed, but that would take away from it's originality. Your call.
- This auction is for all of the above as a complete set. Shipping is NOT included with this price, and the item is offered for local pick-up. If you want it shipped I will gladly HELP you arrange for that. The phonograph and horn would ship in two seperate boxes and all would have to be insured for full value. All at your expense. Shipping is within the continental USA ONLY. The cabinet would have to be professionally packed and shipped, again, I would gladly assist, but it would be at your expense. Local pick-up is preferred. There are NO RETURNS on this item due to it's size and shipping costs. I am located in central NJ about one hour from NYC, and one hour from Philadelphia, and one hour from Atlantic City. I accept Pay Pal only.
That's about it, other than to say GOOD LUCK winning this ORIGINAL CONDITION Victor 6. The reserve is VERY VERY reasonable for this entire set. Please review the pictures for more details, and ASK Questions ahead of placing a bid.
On Mar-16-12 at 16:31:02 PDT, seller added the following information:
Based on requests I am adding dimensions for your shipping information: These are the dimensions of the items themselves. Shipping boxes/crates would have to be bigger and will add to the shipping weight.
Victor 6 Player portion is 16 x 16 x 10 and 30 lbs
Horn portion is 21 x 21 x 32 and is 6 lbs
Cabinet is 19 x 25 x 40 and is 60 lbs
I ESTIMATE that the shipping and insurance for the Player and Horn to be in the $300 range depending on the zip code of course......meaning it could be higher or lower, but you have the dimensions and could calculate.
I ESTIMATE that the shipping AND professional packing and insurance for the Cabinet would be in the $700 range.....again depending on zip code.
Reminder----NO SHIPPING COSTS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION BUT I WILL HELP YOU ARRANGE FOR SHIPPING AT YOUR EXPENSE
DONT MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT SET UP