- Ships within 1 business day
- Ships to
- Covered by the Money Back Guarantee
- 100% positive feedback millerct1 (786)
TRAILER PLANS- Flatbed tandem axle trailer
Dec 15, 2007
PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED PLANS BY A MECHANICAL ENGINEER
UNIQUE TANDEM AXLE FLATBED TRAILER
21 FOOT TRAILER DESIGNED TO STORE IN YOUR GARAGE
NOTE- TONGUE HINGES FOR EASY GARAGE STORAGE
- STURDY TONGUE DISIGN- TONGUE IS EASILY RAISED BY PULLING 2 PINS AND LIFTING AND LATCHING IT IN THE VERTICAL POSITION
- DESIGN ALLOWS 5000 LB CARRYING CAPACITY OF ATV'S, A CAR OR OFF-ROAD VEHICLE
- DESIGN INCLUDES 5 FOOT HEAVY DUTY LOADING RAMPS STORED UNDER REAR DECK
- TOTAL GARAGE LENGTH REQUIRED 16'- 11"
- FRONT TONGUE SECTION HOLDS 3 FIVE GALLON GAS JUGS
- SIDE MOUNTED SPARE
- FRONT STOP RAIL
- G.V.W.R. 7000#
- G.A.W.R. (each axle) 3500#
- TRAILER WEIGHT 2000-LB
- DECK CAPACITY- 5000 LB
- DECK WIDTH 6'-10"
- FRAME- STURDY 2"X4"X3/16" TUBE
- DECKS-ALUMINUM DIAMOND PLATE OR 3/4 INCH PLYWOOD
- HEAVY DUTY MAIN DECK LOADING RAMPS- 5’ X 16"
- DETAILED ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS-
- DETAILED COMPONENT LIST
- DETAILED STEEL LIST
- ASSEMBLY DRAWINGS SHOWING DETAILS OF ALL COMPONENTS
The unique feature on this trailer is the fold up tongue which allows the trailer to be stored in a regular length garage. The total lenght of the trailer goes from almost 22 feet to 16 foot 11 inches. You can therefore store your ATVs in your garage on your trailer and don't have to load and unload them everytime you want to use them. The same goes for your custom car or other vehicles. The trailer stays protected and out of the weather too.
These plans are based on my two deck trailers which are shown in separate ebay listings. We made them several years ago and the fold up tongue has have been thoroughly tested. This base trailer is almost identical to the deck trailers but does not include the upper deck. It is a quite a bit less time consuming to make than the two deck trailer but not quite as flexible in usage. The trailer is capable of carrying a 5000 pound automobile.
The construction of this trailer is not difficult but does require reasonably good welding skills and the ability to read and understand mechanical drawings. The time required for construction is about 1-1/2 weeks depending on your skills and effort.
The cost for parts and materials for building this trailer is between $1400 and $1800 depending on what kind of friendly prices you can get for the components and how fancy you want to make it.
NOTE: this trailer can also be built in 18 and 20 foot lengths. .
FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE PLANS