SIGMA 150mm f/2.8 EX DG APO HSM OS Macro Lens
- OS (Optical Stabilization) - HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor)
- for APS-c and Full Frame
This latest version of the Sigma Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM boasts Optical Stablization (OS) which is critical to equipment sporting this focal range and is now splash-proof.
Offering the latest optical design technology this lens remains a large aperture medium macro lens ideal for shooting the smaller things in our world that exists virtually unseen.
A macro lens is one which will focus on a subject close enough to render it "life-size" on the image plane in your camera. It also has a "flat" field" front lens element so that it can shoot images of flat objects such as artwork or postage stamps and be tack sharp all the way across the image. With HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) a quiet & high-speed auto focus is ensured. It provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction and sharpness throughout the entire range and Super Multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting. It has superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp and high contrast images even at maximum apertures.
The OS offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. It is also compatible with Sigma APO Tele Converters. Ideally suited for taking pictures of insects or other small creatures, but it is also the perfect focal length for facial portraits rendering the best perspective of the human face.
This greater distance also allows the photographer more flexibility in lighting the subject with natural light reflectors. So don't miss the tiny insects, flowers of the world or the details in a stamp or coin collection or a piece of embroidery all of which are seldom noticed but offer a fascinating world if you look closely enough.
Capture them with the Sigma Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 225mm with most cameras
- Splash-proof feature protects the lens from the effects of harsh weather conditions
- Offers Sigma’s OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- Focuses down to 1:1 magnification ratio at its closest working distance of 15 inches
- A lens hood, tripod socket TS-21, front & rear lens caps and carrying case are included with the lens
- SIGMA 150mm F2.8 EX DG APO HSM OS Macro Lens
||19 Elements in 13 Groups
|Angle of View
|Number of Diaphragm Blades
|Minimum Focusing Distance
||38 cm / 15 in
|Filter Size (mm)
(Diameter x Length)
|79.6mmx15 mm/3.1in. x 5.9 in
||1150g / 40.6oz.
|OS - Optical Stabilizer Function|
HSM - Hyper-Sonic Motor
APO - Apochromatic
EX - EX Lens
DG - DG for Digital
* The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.