POCHER 1/8 MERCEDES SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION CD/DVD-ROM
This is a "BUY IT NOW" for the newly revised and updated (DVD version) Pocher Mercedes Supplemental Assembly Instruction DVD-ROM featuring aftermarket custom parts by Model Motorcars. The new version now contains over 1,800 assembly photos that clearly illustrates every step (some sample photos are posted below). Almost all building tips are now written on the photos for a clear explanation. Also included are parts photos to help you inventory your kit, parts inventory lists, reference photos, articles. The Table of Contents and sample photos below will illustrate what this DVD-ROM is about.
Payment can be by Paypal, or other allowed methods by eBay. If you are not a Paypal user, please contact me. Shipping cost inside USA is $2; international will be $3.00. International shipping will be mailed in a cardboard envelope so there are generally no import tax to pay.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!! I guarantee that you will find this DVD worth what you paid, or your money back. This DVD-ROM is only available through my Ebay listing and not anywhere else. Please see my other Ebay store listings for other Pocher CD/DVDs and engine kits. Please also read my Pocher Kit Buying Guide.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- MAIN FRAME & FUEL TANK
- FRONT AXLE
- REAR AXLE
- STEERING SYSTEM
- ENGINE INSTALL AND EXHAUST SYSTEM
- FIREWALL & RADIATOR
- WIRE WHEELS
OLD AND NEW VERSIONS OF THE POCHER MERCEDES KITS
Pocher produced several Mercedes kits. They all share the same engine and chassis. The earlier kits K74, K80, K82, K85 and K90 have metal wire wheels and full engine/chassis detail. The later kits K91, K93, K94, and K95 have the two-piece plastic wheels and other minor engine and chassis details deleted. In the newer kits, some of the metal parts have also been substituted with plastic parts (instrument gauge pods, side marker light housing). The new plastic wheels are cream colored on the K91, and chrome plated on the K93, K94, and K95 kits.
THREE BODY STYLES AND THE SIMILARITIES
There are three basic body styles to the Pocher Mercedes kits:
- The K91 has a unique body that is not shared with any other Mercedes kits.
- The K74, K80, and K93 body (will be collectively referred to as the K74 body style) have a working convertible top and a rear seat.
- The K82, K85, K90, K94, K95 body (will all be referred to as the K82 body style) have a rumble seat and no convertible top.
Within the K74 and K82 body styles, these kits are nearly identical except for color. For example, the K74 and K80 are basically identical except the K80 is minus the center headlight. The K93 is basically identical to the K74 except it is the new version with plastic wheels and minor chassis details deleted. Similarly, the K82, K85, and K90 are all identical except in color. The K94 and K95 are basically identical to the K82 except they are the new plastic wheel versions.
While the K91 body is quite different, the K74 and K82 body styles are extremely similar in that they also share the same hood, doors, front fenders, windshield, dashboard, front seats, headlights, and many other external fittings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR COLLECTORS
If you have more than one Pocher Mercedes kit, do not switch the parts around unless you are absolutely sure they are the same. Some of the parts may appear to be identical, but they are not. For example, the main frame rails for all kits may appear to be the same, but the ones for the K82 have two extra holes in front for mounting the front bumper, and the K91 frame rails have an extra hole on the front tip for mounting the body. The chrome trees on the K82 and later kits have extra bumper end caps molded on them whereas the (almost the same) chrome tree on the early K74 kits do not have these parts. Tree 19 on the K82 and later kits have an extra license plate molded. Front hand crank 74142 in Bag 425 is longer on the K82 kits compared to the K74. Because of these differences, the trees may not always be interchangeable among the different kits unless they have been carefully checked to be the same.
BUILDING THE POCHER K74/K82 MERCEDES WITH THIS CD-ROM
This supplemental instruction is a very detailed and specific document on the proper assembly of the Pocher Mercedes kits. The purpose of this CD-ROM is to assist you in the successful completion of your Pocher Mercedes, instead of having a partially built kit that is abandoned. This CD-ROM will help you avoid frustrations so that your building experience will be an enjoyable one. The Pocher Mercedes assembly manual can be quite confusing. Each drawing shows many parts but does not explain their sequence of assembly. Some parts shown cannot be assembled until after later steps have been completed first. Some parts from later steps must be assembled first. Some group of parts will interfere with each other. Some parts are only drawn once although there are multiples of them or they need to be repeated for the other side. There are many similar looking parts. Many parts end in reference numbers instead of showing what they are attached to. There are also a few mistakes in the assembly manual. This supplemental instruction will clarify all of the above. The objectives of this supplemental instruction are as follow:
- Assist you in the proper assembly of the model in a step-by-step manner from start to finish, with only minor emphasis on customization.
- Show you the best and most logical sequence of assembly in each step to minimize difficulty and avoid dead corners or blocked screw holes.
- Provide detailed instruction on how to build the metal wire wheels.
- Provide you with tips on how to align all body panels.
- Provide unique instruction on building the convertible top.
- Alert you at every step where assembly mistakes are likely to occur.
- Provide you with useful building tips at every step of the way.
- Alert you to all steps where parts are likely to BREAK.
- Show you where parts have poor fit and the best way to fix them.
- Clarify drawings that may be confusing.
- Show you how to properly install all the upholstery pieces.
- Provide advice on painting.
ADDITONAL SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE K91 AND NEWER KITS
Because of the similarities and difference described above, there is one main supplemental instructions to cover all Pocher Mercedes kits, plus additional instructions for the K91 and newer version kits that describe what has been deleted and the possible ways to add back the details.
THE PHOTO COLLECTION ON THIS CD-ROM
There is a very large collection of photos that includes the following:
- Over 1,800 step-by-step assembly photos. The assembly photos are numbered and organized in separate files according to the most logical order of assembly.
- Over 250 parts photos with all metal parts bags lay out to help you inventory your kit and check for missing parts, as well as photos to show you how to fit all the parts back in the box nicely.
- Parts inventory check lists that you can print out, and keep with the kit.
- Over 200 photos of the finished K74, K90, and K91.
- Over 470 reference photos of the full size Mercedes 500K and 540K. Some are privately taken photos at the New Port Beach Mercedes Show in California and various concours, and at the Nethercutt Museum.
Sample parts photos:
Sample assembly photos: