- Ships within 4 business days
- Ships to
- Covered by the Money Back Guarantee
- 100% positive feedback sd_sales1 (2,990)
NEAR MINT 1946 JBL D-101 Iconic 15" Woofer~RARE FIND!
NEAR MINT 1946 JBL D-101 Iconic
15" Woofer~RARE FIND!
Up for auction is the never seen and rarely heard of Lansing Sound Incorporated "Iconic" D-101 driver. This is the first effort of what would eventually become JBL. This is a 15-inch general purpose loudspeaker with wide dynamic range. 15 ohm. It is in NEAR MINT condition and is ALL ORIGINAL!! The cone is perfect and is all original as well. The cast aluminum frame with the Alnico V magnet assembly is almost perfect.
The D-101 was the first speaker manufactured by James Lansing in his first factory in San Marcos, CA. Lansings first factory was actually his tool shed at his residence in San Marcos. The D-101 was manufactured from 1946 - 1948. Not many of these have survived over the years and certainly just a handful have survived in this type of condition. These early 15 ohm versions of the D-101 do not have serial numbers or date codes. The earliest versions like this one (from 1946) just have the small round "Iconic" label on the magnet. Additional information on this historic D-101 driver can be found at: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-comp/d101.htm.
Later on, the D-101 was redesigned as a 16 ohm loudspeaker with the "Signature" label on the magnet. This was in 1947 or early 1948. For comparison, this later version of the D-101 can be viewed at: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/catalogs/1948.htm.
Make no mistake, this is a near museum quality collector's piece. You may NEVER see another D-101 again. Certainly not in this condition. DCR of 6.2. Great sound and an incredibly rare speaker!! No voice coil rub at all. Don't miss out!!
35 lbs packed.
**PLEASE NOTE** I WILL NOT LOWER CUSTOMS VALUES FOR SHIPMENTS OUTSIDE OF THE USA. THIS ITEM WILL BE FULLY INSURED AND SENT BY FEDEX INTERNATIONAL. NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR A SHIPPING RATE QUOTE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS, PLEASE DO NOT BID. THANK YOU!!
The pictures below are of the actual item(s) you are buying. Please check my other auctions for other audio gems!
- Will be professionally double-boxed with the utmost care.
- Shipping will be actual based on the rate calculator below. This price includes shipping fees, insurance, brand new boxes, bubble wrap and void fill material.
- A small $5.00 handling fee will be added for brand new packing materials. They will actually cost around $10.00 but I am just looking to split the fees with the winning bidder. I'm not out to make money on shipping.
- INTERNATIONAL EBAYERS ARE WELCOME!! INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WILL BE MORE. PLEASE EMAIL FOR A RATE QUOTE!!
- Local pick-up is welcomed and prefrerred!
ATTENTION COLLECTORS & AUDIOPHILES: I will be listing a lot of quality vintage audio gear over the next several months from my personal collection. Please keep an eye out for my upcoming auctions for tube and solid state equipment.
All vintage audio equipment is tested prior to listing on eBay. All functional exceptions, if there are any, are noted in the item description. Everything is sold as-is with no warranty. I will guarantee the item(s) not to be dead on arrival (DOA). Please feel free to contact me with questions/concerns.
Please check my other auctions for more vintage audio stuff!!!