MONDO CUSTOMZ 12 STEP CUSTOMIZATION PROCESS BREAKDOWN.
1. Buy a 1:64 0r 1:50 scale Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, Jada or Matchbox car.
2. Using automotive paint stripper, The paint is stripped from the car, washed & hung to dry.
3. Car is painted by hand with airbrush or spray can to apply White, Black or Metal flake base coat which serves as a primer on the die-cast metal then hung to dry.
4. 2 light color coats are applied with an airbrush or spray can followed by 1 heavy coat of the same color & hung to dry.
5. Clear coats are applied by hand with either automotive brand semi or high gloss acrylic clear paints & hung to dry.
6. If more modifications are needed, the car will be taped off & painted or sometimes masked with paint masking's & airbrushed.
7. Depending on the job, It takes minutes to hours to even days & weeks to figure out the theme for the car to create & print graphics.
8. Once graphics & placement are agreed upon, the printing of the graphics to be used on the project begins.
9. Graphics are placed & resized on the computer, printed, cut out, soaked in water, applied to the car & padded down to uniformity then hung to dry.
10. During & around this point if the car needs any touch ups or more painting to be done, everything else is hand painted until finished & then hung to dry.
10. Two light coats of automotive clear coat followed by two heavy coats of Dupont clear and then let dry for 24 hrs.
11. Create graphics on the computer for custom made baggies to keep your investment protected from the elements.
12. Print the graphics for the custom baggie, cut the baggie down to size, place car inside the baggie, staple graphics to the baggie & send it out to you.
I also do other time consuming tricks like wheel swaps, cutting, dremel rotary etc.., Depending on what car & how much work goes in to it each car takes about 8 to 40 hrs to do. Ask any customiser & they will tell you the same > This isn't just about my customz, it's hard to see anyones customs sell real cheap knowing how long it took to create them. That is why I created the 12 step process so everyone can see what really goes into these gems, because most people just don't realize the facts, they just see the car & never think about the work that goes into them. Its not al about slapping a sticker or a decal on a car, it's about jobs done with quality and contrasting creativeness. No competition here, to each thier own, I want to thank all my fellow customisers here on EBAY because if it was'nt for you & Ebay, what in the world would we be doing right now? I hope by me posting this 12 step process that others may recognize the actual work that is done by most true customisers.. I want to say thanks to all my past customers & all my future customers for such a pleasurable & incredible EBAY experience!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!