This is a Genuine Antique/Vintage Singer 301/301A Hook Assembly.
The main hook portion can also be used in a Featherweight 221/222, but the inner cup that holds the bobbin must be replaced. I have included a video below illustrating this simple procedure. This must be done because the 221 is a straight shank machine, where the 301 is a slant shank machine. Be weary of anyone selling 221 parts with Singer numbers starting with 170XXX. Those were made for 301's.
Singer part # 170128. The inner bobbin cup has Singer part # 170166. The hook is Singer part # 170160 and is stamped "Simanco USA".
This fits Singer models 301/301A.
The parts have been totally disassembled and cleaned to ensure proper functionality. It was tested in a Vintage Singer 301 after being reassembled.
This is a stock photo, but all assemblies are in good to very good condition. The metal may have some mild discoloration.
Here is a video I made showing how to remove and install part number 170166. You can then put your 221 cup part # 45752 in its place. And yes I did try the new style hook with an old style cup on a 221 and it worked.
Comes with both mounting screws.
Feel free to ask questions.
Things you should know:
- PA residents must pay 6% sales tax on all taxable merchandise.
- There is a 25% restocking fee on all returns to account for unrecoverable eBay, PayPal and Shipping fees. This only applies to items purchased in error by the buyer. "Warranty" and "Not as Described" returns are handled per the Return Policy below.
- International bidders should check the shipping charges before bidding. Heavier items tend to be costly.
- Shipping insurance protects your item from damage and lost packages. These are not my responsibility, so please insure your items.
- I provide a tracking number for all domestic shipments and whenever possible on international shipments. You will receive a notice the day your item ships.
- I only respond to messages sent through eBay. My email address is used as a secondary source so there will be delays if you do not respond through eBay.
- At end of auction the buyer has 7 days to initiate payment or buyer will receive a negative feedback and the item will be resold.
- Buyer must send notification of payment within 5 days of end of auction.
- I will only attempt to contact the buyer once by day 5 if I have not received any response about payment.
- Please do not place a bid if you have no intentions on buying this product.
- Please verify you have a correct shipping address in your eBay and PayPal accounts. This is what I use to ship to and I am not responsible for your errors. If a package is returned because of an address error taken from your account, you will be credited your order less return shipping charges and the item will be re-auctioned.
- All national and international shipping prices are final.
Customer satisfaction is our goal!
We will only accept returns if the items are incorrectly described.
We try our hardest to provide very honest descriptions. Please review our feedbacks as proof.
All “Used” items are sold “As-Is” and have no warranty against manufacturer defects.
We must be contacted within 7 days of receipt of item to initiate a return.
We will attempt to resolve the situation via emails or phone calls. Only after the issue has been verified will we accept a return.
All returns must use US Postal Service and have delivery confirmation. If you do not do this we cannot guarantee receipt of the return and will not issue any credit.
We will only credit shipping charges up to the original cost.
We will issue a credit after we have received the item and verified the issue.
Return payment will be issued in the same manner as it was received.
We will not accept any returns unless all previous mentioned steps have been taken.
Leaving a positive feedback completes the transaction and is acknowledgement that the purchased items are "as described"