Chrome Quad Air Horns - Painful!
w/ All-in-one air system
This Package Includes:
- Chrome Quad Air Horn
- 110 PSI compressor w/ 3L tank
- Pressure switch, air pressure gauge, and air fittings pre-installed
- Air Tubing (12 feet. If you feel you may need more, please contact us for a price quote)
- Horn Button
- Mounting Hardware & Instructions
- SOUND CLIP
Need to make a big noise, but only have a little room? These train horns can fit in almost any vehicle, but deliver the big sound you need. Dont be fooled by their size – they may be small but they pack a punch that can rival any air horn out there. Easy to fit, glistening chrome finishing and tuned train horn sound; these horns are the complete package.
Doing the Install Yourself?
We recommend using this Wiring/Installation kit. It includes all the pieces and parts you need to hook up your air compressor correctly.
Air Horn Specifications:
- Overall Dimensions: 13.75"L x 7"W x 6.5"H
- Trumpet Lengths: 13.75", 11.5" & 9"
- Trumpets Bell Width: 3.75"
- DB output: 150.2 db
- Construction: Chrome plated zinc alloy
- SOUND CLIP
Our specialized compressor kits will make you horns really sing. All of our compressor systems come complete with a 12 volt compressor, air tank, pressure switch and mounting hardware. These compressor kits are built for performance and easy installation.
- One-piece tank compressor system
- Dimensions: 15.75" L x 5.25" W x 6.75" H
- Max Working Pressure: 110 PSI
- Tank Capacity: 3 liters
- Pressure Switch Settings: 85 PSI on, 105 PSI off
- Duty Cycle: 15%
- CFM @ 0 PSI: 1.17
- Amp Draw: 17
- Thermal Protection: Yes
**This compressor can not get wet or dirty**
Click here to see this horn kit with a water/dust resistant compressor system. Great for installs on pickup trucks.
Not all compressors that look alike are alike. Read here to find out why.
Intrigued by the weight difference, we took out the ol' chop saw and cut both tanks in half. Using a micrometer, we measured the thickness of the walls in the tanks. The knockoff tank was 20% thinner in some places, 12% thinner in other places and the same thickness in a few places too. Not only did they scrimp on the tank walls, but the quality control was lousy.
Next, we took the compressors apart. That's where it got interesting.
|The first thing we saw when we removed the cover was the size of the piston shafts (see red arrows). Our manufacturer uses a double sized piston shaft to connect the piston to the motor. The shaft on the knockoff compressor is half the size. This was one of the parts that people who purchased the knockoff compressors were looking to replace. Also, the knockoff piston shaft is just pressed into place. Ours is bolted into place (see blue arrows), so even if there were replacement shafts available for the knockoff compressor, there would be no way to put the new one on. The oversized shaft and bolt attachment only cost a few cents more in the manufacturing process. We were surprised that they would scrimp on something so inexpensive!
||The next thing we did was open up the motor itself, and this picture almost speaks for itself. The armature (pictured above) is the heart of the motor. The more powerful the magnets, and the more copper windings, the more power the motor will generate. The magnets in the Chinese knockoff were 18% smaller than the magnets in our compressor, but that was nothing compared to the difference in the copper windings. The photo shows the difference between the tightly packed copper windings on our armature and the sparse, loosely wound armature in the knockoff. When we unwound all the copper and from both armatures and weighed it, ours had 3 times the copper windings. This explained why so many of the knockoff compressors burned out - the motor was way undersized for the job!
The Bottom Line: Cheaper goods are just that - cheaper goods. While many Ebay sellers come and go, we've been a successful Ebay merchant since 1999. We've done this by providing high quality goods at a fair price. We could have bought the $25 compressors from mainland China and probably could have sold a lot of them, but that would have been a disservice to our customers. You can always be confident in what you buy from MyPushcart!.
Here's why ours are better:
Most air horns being sold online come with undersized solenoid valves. That saves money, but it also limits the performance of the horn. There are two problems with undersized valves:
- They will not open under high pressure. Many sellers advertise db ratings based on 150 psi output. The problem is that the undersized valves will not operate for extended periods of time (if at all) at 150 psi. They are designed for use at 110 psi or under.
- They limit the air flow to the horns. Published db rating for horns are also based on maximum air flow. Undersized valves limit the air flow and will cause the horns to under-perform
Our valves are bigger, beefier and better. They will perform smoothly and reliably at pressures up to 160 psi and allow up to 25% greater air flow. The bottom line: Our horns are louder and more reliable!
- We will attempt to ship your item within 1 business day after payment has been received.
- Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc. on items being shipped from a foreign country. These fees are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- This item is not eligible for pickup.
- Items within the Continental US are shipped UPS Ground unless otherwise noted.
- Items shipping to AK, HI or PR are shipped USPS Priority Mail unless otherwise noted.
- Items shipped outside the Continental US may be subject to additional shipping charges. Please email for a shipping quote prior to bidding.
- Items shipped internationally are shipped USPS International Priority Mail unless otherwise noted. Shipping by Fedex is available for some items at an additional cost. Please email for details.
- If an international item does not meet size restrictions, it will be shipped Air Parcel Post.
For all items with free shipping, we may use any of the following carriers at our option: Fedex, Fedex Smartpost, USPS Parcel Post, USPS Priority Mail, USPS First Class Mail. For international shipments we use USPS or Fedex International. We do NOT use Fedex Ground for shipments to Canada.