1968 CHEVY IMPALA Sport Coupe, 1:64 Diecast, RR, 1/4296
GreenLight Collectibles ~ Exclusive to the 2010 Route 66 Collector Pack ~ True 1:64 Scale Diecast
1968 Chevy Impala in Factory Ermine White
Opening Hood w/V8 Engine ~ Treaded Rubber Tires ~ Indiv. #'d: 2035 of 4296 Made
See the Many Additional Photos Below!
Up for auction is a loose GreenLight Collectibles true 1:64 scale 1968 Chevy Impala in Ermine
White (1968 Chevrolet Factory Paint
Code CC) with a flat Black vinyl roof. This Ermine White variation of the 1968 Chevy Impala was exclusive to the GreenLight 2010 Route 66 U.S.A.
15 Diecast Car Collector Pack and is production number 2035 out of only 4296 produced!
This auction is only for the diecast - the background building, shop tools, and people/animal figures
are not included. However, similar shop tools and 1:64 diorama figures are available for sale separately in my eBay
Store (v8-power Diecasts and Trains).
Item Size / Scale:
Although I hope it is difficult to tell from the realistic photos in this listing, this diecast is only approximately 3-1/4" long, so many of the
photos are larger than actual size. Because this is a true 1:64 scale replica, it is slightly larger and heavier than the typical Hot Wheels diecast toy.
The man in overalls figure in the photos is taller than 6 feet in scale dimensions and he appears in all of my photos for my customers to make a relative
scale comparison to other diecasts I have up for auction (and is NOT included).
Detailed Item Description and Features:
This 1968 Chevy Impala true 1:64 scale diecast replica features the following details:
- an opening hood with a body-colored engine bay and orange Turbo-Jet L36 427-cid, 385-bhp V8 engine with silver valve covers and black air cleaner -
technically, this engine is correct for the 1968 Impala because the 427 was available on other Impala models such as the Caprice and Bel Air, but my guess
is that it was cheaper for GreenLight to use the same engine casting in this NON-SS version of the Impala
- silver & black horizontal body-side trim strips
- (what I think are) tiny silver on black "327" badges on the front fenders in front of the marker lights (the L30 327-cid 275-bhp V8 engine was a
typical engine choie for the base model Impala)
- silver & blue Chevrolet bow tie badge in the center of the nose panel above the grille and below the hood lip
- silver "Impala" script badges on the front fenders and on the passenger side of the trunk lip
- red on yellow 1965 to 1971 era "LAND OF ENCHANTMENT" "32" "3883" NEW MEXICO rear license plate
with a red New Mexico state sun logo between the vertically placed "32" and the horizontally placed "3883"
- silver window frames, vinyl top trim, windshield wipers, wheel well trim, door handles/locks, headlight & marker light enclosures, circular
taillight trim, upper & lower grille slats, and bumpers
- flat black upper & lower horizontal grille background openings
- flat white dual headlights, front marker lights on the outside of the headlights, marker lights on the front fenders, and backup lights between the
- flat amber marker lights in the front bumper within the lower grille opening slots
- flat red taillights and marker lights on the rear fenders
- Black interior with clear windows
- unpainted metal chassis with drivetrain, suspsension, body frame, and dual exhaust system details, individually numbered as "2035" in black (out of
4296 produced) with the GreenLight Collectibles distinguishing green-painted front rivet
- white-letter "GOOD YEAR POLYGLAS - F70-14" treaded rubber tires on chrome factory-correct slotted "steel" Rally wheels with small center caps
Item Condition Specifics:
PLEASE NOTE that there a few discoloration spots in the Ermine White paint in various places on the body; there is some slop in the silver trim
paint around the windshield frame and bumpers (which may have been touched up at the factory); and the hood does not (easily) open up all of the way - I
did not try to force the hood all of the way open for fear of damaging the hood hinges, so I will leave it up to the new owner to decide whether it is
worth trying to force it open. Other than these issues which came from the factory, the diecast is in mint condition and was removed from its original
packaging by an adult collector and stored in a resealable plastic bag when not in a display case. In case I have missed any imperfections, peruse the many photos BELOW to judge the condition of the diecast for yourself.
1968 Chevy Impala Information & Photo Links:
Based upon my limited research on the Internet about the Impala SS 427, it is very rare and did not sell well during the era of the muscle car wars when
everyone was flocking to the lighter, and often times cheaper, performance versions of the Nova, Camaro, Mustang, etc. The SS 427 was identified at the
factory as being ordered with Regular Production Option (RPO) Z-24 that was a high-performance package anchored by the mighty Turbo-Jet L36 427-cid V8.
This package could be ordered on not just the Impala SS, but also on the other models such as the Bel Air and the Caprice. My guess is that GreenLight
intended this diecast to represent a regular Chevy Impala withOUT the Z-24 option package and just re-used the 427 engine casting for simplicity as
described above - note that the original Route 66 Collector Pack packaging identified this diecast as a "1968 Chevy Impala" and NOT as an Impala SS.
For more information and history about the third-generation Impala and the Z-24 option package, see:
- the ImpalaSS427.com "1967 Impala SS 427" page
- the MuscleCarClub.com "Chevrolet Impala SS History 1958-1969" article
- the Wikipedia.org "Chevrolet Impala" article
- this scan of a 1967 Impala SS advertisement from the
ComputerSupport.com 1967 salute page
- this 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 review originally published in
the May 1967 issue of Car Life magazine from 55-57Chevys.com
Also have a look at these photos of an unrestored 1967 Impala Sport Coupe in Grotto Blue
Metallic with a white vinyl roof and Dark Blue interior for sale on Cars-On-Line.com; a 1968 Impala SS 427 Sport Coupe in (incorrect) Rally Red (used to be Grecian Green Metallic) with a Black
interior for sale on Cars-On-Line.com; and a 1968 Impala
Sport Coupe in Cordovan Maroon Metallic with a matching maroon vinyl top and white interior for sale on CoolCarsForSale.net. Compare the photos of the
actual vehicle in the above web sites to those of the diecast below to get a feel for the amount of detail GreenLight Collectibles put in to this 1968
Chevy Impala diecast replica.
Shipping & Payment Details (please do not bid if you do not agree to these conditions):
- Because of eBay's new rules for only allowing electronic payments, the only form of payment I can now accept is PayPal. But,
customers who have bought items from me in the past and have mailed a non-electronic payment may continue to pay by that method - this is the
only exception to eBay's new electronic payment rule.
- All of my loose 1:64 diecasts are shipped in a resealable plastic bag, wrapped by bubble-wrap, completely surrounded by polystyrene (Styrofoam) chips
in a new 6" x 4" x 4" cardboard box (or larger if needed for combined auction wins). Please check my feedback for customer testimonials about how well my
items are packed for shipping.
- USA bidders: agree to pay $4.50 for shipping anywhere within the USA.
- Canada bidders: can choose from shipping via USPS First Class Mail International for $5.03 (that does NOT provide a tracking number and an
estimated delivery time is NOT provided by the USPS) or the International shipping Options below.
- International bidders: shipping to anywhere other than the USA or Canada is ONLY available via
the USPS Priority Mail International service or the USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box service. PLEASE NOTE that with the more
expensive USPS Priority Mail International service, I can ship the diecasts in my normal 6" x 4" x 4" (15cm x 10cm x 10cm) box that allows me wrap the
diecasts in bubble wrap AND then completely surround them in polystyrene chips. However, the less expensive USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat
Rate Box service requires me to use the USPS 8.5" x 5.5" x 1.75" (21.5cm x 14cm x 4.5cm) box that is NOT optimum for shipping diecasts - I am only able to
surround the diecasts in bubble wrap - the box is not tall enough to allow me to also completely surround the diecasts in polystyrene chips. Please use the shipping rate calculator for an exact
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- I will NOT mark the item as a gift nor will I provide a false declared value, so please do not ask me to do so.
- Payment must be received within 10 days of auction end or else an Unpaid Item Dispute will be filed with eBay so that I can start the process
of receiving a refund for my auction closing fees (I only have a limited time to make the refund request).
- The combined shipping policy of only $1.00 more for each additional 1:64 diecast shipped in the same package ONLY applies to auction items
won on the same Sunday and/or eBay 2nd Chance Offer made the same day or the following Monday THAT ARE ALL PAID FOR WITH A SINGLE PAYPAL PAYMENT.
Please see my other auctions
ending this week for more loose, mint 1:64 diecast classics and save on combined shipping!
($1.00 for each additional diecast included in
the same shipment all paid for with a single payment)
Auction photos, wording, and layout copyright v8-power.