This is a vintage Sears & Roebuck Silvertone FADA Neutrodine Radio. Works perfect - was used up until recently by a radio enthusiast.
This unit is in good condition and is fully functional. Some fading, scuffing and scratches here and there as visible in the pictures, but complete and sound. All the parts are there and in good order.
Unit has all the original working tubes and is VERY clean all-original condition. Has NOT been modernized. The matching speaker is listed separately on eBay.
We are not radio experts - we are selling all the radio-related items we have listed on behalf of a radio enthusiast. We have included the information he provided to the best of our ability. If you have any questions, please allow us enough time to research and reply prior to auction end.
VERY HEAVY (26 3/4lbs) - U.S. Shipping is $34.95. PLEASE INQUIRE FOR SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE U.S. We gladly combine shipping.
HERE IS SOME MORE INFO ON THE SILVERTONE NEUTRODINE COURTESY OF www.RADIOMUSEUM.ORG
- Country: United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer/Brand: Sears, Roebuck & Co.; Chicago (IL)
- Year: 1924/1925
- Valves / Tubes 5: UV201A UV201A UV201A UV201A UV201A
- Principle TRF without reaction (non reg.dir.receiver)
- Tuned circuits 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands Broadcast only (MW)
- Power type and voltage Batteries (storage and/or dry) / 90 & 45 & 6 Volt
- Loudspeaker - This model requires external speaker(s)
- Material Wooden case
Shape Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel)
- Dimensions (WHD) 22 x 11 x 10 inch / 559 x 279 x 254 mm
- Notes The Silvertone Neutrodyne is a battery set manufactured by King-Hinners, Buffalo, New York, USA, and distributed by Silvertone (Sears). The radio was manufactured in 2 versions. This version uses 5x UV201A tubes. The other version is for 5 UV199 tubes (short pin). There is also the Neutrodyne Model II with the same appearance.